Some of my first timers..... (1) the first time I ever saw a 'Computer'

It was year 1997 I was in my fifth standard. Those days I used to be in Sarada Convent school, Jagdalpur [those days MP]. Now, during the admissions it was announced that computer education will be introduced and all the students had to pay some amount for the computer education fund.
After we returned from summer vacation [class 5] we could see a small room being furnished with well cushioned checkered board design floor. It was around 1 and half months later we could see big brown boxes piled up near the newly furnished room. We tried to catch a glimpse of the wonder machine but were shooed away. We always used to stare at the closed curtains while passing by the room.
Now, after that incident around 2 months later one day we all were called to have a trip the well furnished room. That was the first time I saw a computer. All I remember of that computer is a very small BW monitor, the keyboard and the mouse.
Now, was the time to be amazed. The person operating the computer showed us how standing there we could see the current time of America, Japan, and India simultaneously. This was the sole thing we knew a computer could do. This incident became talk of 'town' for many days.

Comments

Popular Posts